- The whole truth: investigative interview best practice
Most HR professionals don’t have Sherlock Holmes’ deductive skills, so it’s hard to find out the truth about workplace allegations if your interviewing skills aren’t up to scratch.
- Unleash your 'people power': The ROI of Hilton’s L&D program
To succeed in an increasingly competitive industry, organisations need to embed a strong customer service ethic into their corporate culture.
- The key ingredient in the Best Employer mix: have you got it?
Gaining a spot on a ‘best employers’ list can work wonders for HR strategy. It’s a feather in the cap for any HR director and can bolster branding, retention, engagement – you name it. So how do you nab a nod from the list-makers?
- Leading in the Human Age: New approaches to work
The work environment has changed, meaning companies need to build adaptable, adjustable work models and drive a culture of collaboration to succeed. Lincoln Crawley outlines why an era of certain uncertainty requires new approaches to the world of work.
- HR lessons from the Australian cricket axings
It’s not every day four key players in the Australian cricket side are axed from a major international test. Was the action heavy handed or a message that needed to be sent - and what performance lessons can HR apply in the workplace?
- An employer’s best friend too?
Man’s best friend may also be his best friend in the workplace, according to research that demonstrates benefits such as lower employee stress and greater job satisfaction.