- Three things leaders should do every day
Two leadership experts discuss what they have dubbed the ‘Three Imperatives of Leading and Managing’.
- Is there a better way to manage performance?
There’s no denying that performance management has evolved – but has your company kept up?
- Payroll: Over, under or just right?
As countless high-profile cases have proven, there is no such thing as ‘near enough is good enough’ with payroll. Here’s what your organisation can do to avoid costly errors.
- RIP performance appraisal?
HC Online chats to Michael Minns, who founded Michael Minns Human Resources in 1983; he believes that the time has come for performance appraisal to be scrapped.
- Five steps for a smooth separation process
Managing career transition is an unfortunate but necessary skill for all HR practitioners to master. Christopher Paterson provides his tips for smoothing the way.
- What you can do to support carers in your workplace
Supporting carers to balance work and care is rapidly becoming one of the most critical social and workplace issues of this generation. Timothy Broady and Katherine Stone provide some tips for employers on how to manage all staff with carer responsibilities.