- Think carefully before giving token Xmas presents
It’s the thought that counts, right? Wrong. At least, not in professional settings.
- Office workers engaging in retail therapy
Research has shown that productivity levels around Christmas can drop dramatically. Could this have anything to do with a little too much online retail therapy?
- Christmas and redundancies a volatile mix
If you’re about to commence, or in the midst of, rolling out redundancies in order to start 2013 with the right headcount, think again – it can lead to unwanted resignations.
- Performance conversations: Life threatening for some
Giving and receiving performance feedback should be mutually beneficial for both manager and employee - but it often isn't. Dr Tony van Rensburg provides some tips to maintain control when emotions are threatening to take over.
- Are you asking the right interview questions?
Post job, read resumes, interview, hire: are you taking on the first candidate who passes through your basic recruiting system?
- Obscene Facebook photos and workplace consequences
How would your workplace respond to an employee posting obscene, offensive or plainly inappropriate content on Facebook? In the wake of a scandal in the US, it’s high-time to consider.