- Christmas and redundancies a volatile mix
If you’re about to commence, or in the midst of, rolling out redundancies in order to start 2013 with the right headcount, think again – it can lead to unwanted resignations.
- Performance conversations: Life threatening for some
Giving and receiving performance feedback should be mutually beneficial for both manager and employee - but it often isn't. Dr Tony van Rensburg provides some tips to maintain control when emotions are threatening to take over.
- Are you asking the right interview questions?
Post job, read resumes, interview, hire: are you taking on the first candidate who passes through your basic recruiting system?
- Obscene Facebook photos and workplace consequences
How would your workplace respond to an employee posting obscene, offensive or plainly inappropriate content on Facebook? In the wake of a scandal in the US, it’s high-time to consider.
- Pressure to do more with less taking over
HR leaders are under increasing pressure to boost productivity by getting more out of staff – but with finite time and resources, is this a case of the emperor without his clothes?
- Leading remote teams over the holiday period
From gift exchanges to holiday parties, this time of year can be great for building camaraderie. So how do you engage workers who aren't based in the office?