- Barely any rise in inflation for 2012
The start of a New Year often spells salary renegotiations – but if employees are citing the cost of living as a bargaining chip, you may have cause to cut it from the conversation.
- Power really does corrupt
Managers may be more likely to perceive ‘wrongdoing’ in black and white term, so how can you stay more open-minded?
- Rule out workplace distractions once and for all
Latest research shows even very short interruptions can ramp up employees’ error rate. How can you reduce mistakes among your workforce?
- Why your HR department is under threat
The threat of cyber crime may seem like something for the IT department to handle – but HR’s online activity is exactly the kind of target in hackers’ sights.
- Performance appraisals need an overhaul
Dreading another year of haphazard and poorly executed performance appraisals? Karen Barker provides her tips for revamping the process.
- Brace for mass sickies this Friday
The sickie is the antithesis of productivity and the enemy of employers around the country. How are you managing the likelihood of sickies this Australia Day weekend?