- Developing a father-friendly workplace
Research suggests work-life conflict is no longer just an issue for women and men are now experiencing higher levels of work-life conflict than before. Fiona Hitchiner outlines the importance of tools that support and recognise the importance of fathers as workers and parents.
- Recruiter unleashes explosive Twitter rant
An Australian recruiter using the twitter handle @exec_hunter this week unleashed a bizarre rant on radio host, writer and comedian Wendy Harmer. After the tweets went viral, the brand damage is immeasurable.
- At 11am on Monday, US employees are probably hunting for a job
Here’s something to add on to the Monday Blues – employees are no longer being discreet about their job hunts, hunting even while on the job, according to new data.
- Employee dismissed after tweeting conference comments
In yet another case of social media causing workplace headaches, a US woman has been fired after tweeting comments made a group of men at a computer programming conference.
- Are you turning a blind eye on your workers?
Alexandra Pollard writes that in modern workplaces there is not a lot for workers to get enthused about much less fulfilled, satisfied or excited by. How can this be turned around?
- Payroll expert warns Australian companies at serious risk
According to the head of the peak payroll body, an alarming number of Australian companies are non-compliant and not meeting statutory requirements, putting employers at risk.