- Sleeping on the job –a new innovative work practise?
Once frowned upon as a definite no-no, short naps at work are just now being recognised as providing a vital boost to worker productivity. Christina Sykiotis investigates the benefits.
- Lessons from Coca-Cola: centralise for efficiency
How do you reduce costs and still ensure a consistent and high quality response to human resources issues? If you’re Coca-Cola you move all your HR management to one location and install a hotline.
- Onboarding and the bottom line
An excellent onboarding process has a real, positive impact on a business’s bottom line, according to new research.
- Staff angry sexual harassment manager reinstated
Ambulance staff are furious a manager who was demoted for sexual harassment will return to work alongside the very people who lodged the complaints.
- Talk is cheap in a telework environment
If you ask most HR managers what their company’s policy is around teleworking, the chances are they’ll tell you that they actively support and implement a teleworking program, writes Katie Fabian.
- Yahoo boosts maternity leave
Yahoo’s new CEO Marissa Mayer famously returned to work just two weeks after having a baby last September, but she’s making sure other new mums get much longer.