- Sexual equality: Get serious or face the consequences
A new Bill has been tabled in the House of Representatives which aims to strengthen the compliance and enforcement powers of the Equal Opportunity for Women in the Workplace Agency (EOWA).
- The right person for the right job - not quotas
While there are still global pushes to introduce quotas to ensure female representation at senior levels of business, Sehida Frawley outlines why she believes this is not the answer for Australia.
- Returning mums offered on-site childcare
A Melbourne company has proven just how far it is willing to go when it comes to retaining returning parents in their workforce – it built its own $5m on-site childcare centre.
- ‘Workplace redesign’ only path to gender equality
Two peak think-tanks have called for a complete ‘workplace redesign’, saying workplace gender inequality will persist until organisations rethink their approach to leadership.
- Communication disconnect: Employers and Mums returning to work
Organisations are increasingly recognising that paid parental leave alone isn’t enough to make returning parents feel supported and equipped to return to work – yet turnover of Mothers returning to work remains high.
- Become a disability confident employer
Having a diverse workforce has long been recognised as an important goal to strive for, but how can thoughts on a policy page be turned into actual positive action? Suzanne Colbert provides her tips.