- Inexperience+ kills work dream for oldies
There is some doubt whether a newly elected Coalition Government will continue to fund the older worker initiatives; yet given the current Government's track record, they have a low bar to start from, writes Malcolm King.
- Single workers ignored in work-life balance equation
Wanted: A life outside the workplace. Do your workplace flexibility policies tend to leave single workers out of the equation?
- Australians work just 32 hours a week
New data from the Australian Bureau of Statistics reveal Australians are working the lowest weekly number of hours in over 30 years – but the news isn’t as bad as it sounds.
- Call to water-down planned gender equality rules
As the federal government gears up to enact new gender equality rules for medium-sized businesses, there are fears the new rules could lead to onerous red tape.
- Diversity + inclusion = better business
Focusing on inclusion in the workplace is just as important to business performance as building diversity, according to a new report. What does this mean for your organisation?
- Bonus cash for hiring a mature-aged worker
Would a $1,000 cash bonus be an incentive to hire a mature-aged worker? The federal government is handing out cash to businesses in order to increase workforce participation.