- Business Clean Up Day a team exercise with a difference
If you’ve been in search of a different kind of team bonding exercise with a long list of benefits to boot, the official 2012 Business Clean Up Day may be just what you’ve been looking for.
- HR manager smoked out for posting CV on LinkedIn
A HR manager was forced out of his job after posting his CV on LinkedIn and ticking the ‘interested in career opportunities’ box, a tribunal in the UK has heard.
- New addition to the C-Suite: the CDO
In order to show that workplaces are really walking the talk in terms of ensuring diversity, adding a new member to the C-Suite – the chief diversity officer (CDO) – is becoming all the rage.
- Double-check you’re not underpaying staff or risk FWO wrath
An official audit conducted by the Fair Work Ombudsman (FWO) has found that more than a quarter of Australian retailers have been underpaying their staff by failing to record their hours and rate of pay correctly.
- Disclosure of civil law breaches in question
The latest public gaffe by Queensland’s troubled Department of Health has raised questions over whether civil law breaches should be more closely scrutinised in the pre-employment screening stage.
- Young workers break the rules
The employment of young and future employees is the single biggest challenge facing the workplace, a recent Cisco report has revealed.