- Honey maker cops $138k for ATV death
New Zealand honey maker P.A. and S.C Steens Limited was fined $78,000 after a beekeeper without experience operating an all terrain vehicle was killed when it overturned.
- Heidelberg Vic issued 105 improvement notices
A safety campaign in early March by WorkSafe Victoria resulted in 105 improvement notices being issued to businesses in Melbourne suburb Heidelberg.
- In the public leadership spotlight
The Victorian Public Service took leadership into its own hands with the establishment of the Victorian Leadership Development Centre. HR Leader examines how this “centre of leadership excellence” operates and looks at what HR professionals can learn in the process
- Keys to successful workforce planning – Westpac story
Workforce planning can make a significant contribution to the success of any company. HR Leader looks at how Westpac approaches the issue and details the makings of successful workforce planning programs
- Magic in the workplace – how Pixar and Disney unleash the creative talent of their workforce
Creating a culture of fun in the workplace helps to unleash the creative potential of employees. Sarah O’Carroll speaks to culture expert Bill Capodagli about how Pixar and Disney have created an innovative and creative place to work
- What makes a good workplace?
Nice people working in nice professions often inadvertently create nasty workplaces – which HR managers can learn a lot from, writes David Creelman