- Women are better leaders in an economic downturn
WOMEN ARE more effective leaders in times of financial and economic uncertainty, according to new research which found that Australians have greater confidence in women during turbulent times.
- Women’s ‘glacial’ progress melts away
THE NUMBER of women on boards and in executive management positions has declined since2006.
- HR’s diamond in the rough
HR should be on the lookout for managers who may be creating new and innovative management practices, writes David Creelman
- Cutting company costs: motivate, don’t mandate
As companies tighten their belts in the economic downturn, Jon Katzenbach and Paul Bromfield look at why most cost reductions fail and how to motivate cost discipline across an organisation
- Buying a new HRIS: SaaS or in-house?
Q. Our company has determined that we need an HRIS and are deciding whether to go with a hosted, SaaS model or purchase the software that will run in-house. What factors should we consider when making this decision?
- Life's too short for the wrong job
The length to which companies will go, to attract and retain the best employees, is impressive