- Resources sector a salary yardstick
For the first time in six years, the salary gap between the mining and resource sectors and other industry sectors has lessened according to new survey results.
- From amateur to professional: Coaching comes of age
The notion of executive coaching in the business world has often been written off too soon as just another corporate fad. But thanks to a growing body of research, executive coaching is being seen as a serious business tool.
- Proactive approach the best approach in conflict management: Expert
Christina Turner says HR professionals need to approach conflict management in a proactive manner.
- Become a disability confident employer
Having a diverse workforce has long been recognised as an important goal to strive for, but how can thoughts on a policy page be turned into actual positive action? Suzanne Colbert provides her tips.
- Greens introduce bill to enforce flexible work conditions
Employer advocacy groups have expressed concerns about a new bill introduced to parliament by the Greens, which if passed, will allow employees the right to complain to Fair Work Australia (FWA) if their request for flexible hours is denied by their employer.
- Don’t be so 2011: Refresh your online profile
LinkedIn has released the most overused words and phrases in members' profiles, and if you are guilty of using some (or all) of the terms in the top 10, you may be unwittingly turning away potential interest in your skills.