- Delivering a signature employment experience
The employer brand has an impact beyond just the attraction and recruitment stages of an employee’s lifecycle with an employer. Brett Minchington outlines the key moments of truth for your employer brand
- Facebook may beat personality tests for predicting job success
Researchers may have found a new and more accurate tool for HR to use in the pre-employment stage when trying to predict how a candidate would ‘fit’ – just check out Facebook.
- “Make it easier to sack workers”: Vic Premier Baillieu
Victorian Premier Ted Baillieu has called on the Fair Work Act review panel to make it easier for employers to sack under-performing workers, and the state government has backed their leader in his calls to reduce the scope for legal action by dismissed employees.
- Report: Temp labour gives competitive edge
The demand for temporary workers has outpaced the demand for full timers, according to a new report presented in Sydney this morning.
- Business cracks widen as corporate insolvencies rise
New statistics have revealed some 58% of small businesses and start-ups failed in 2011 and the gloomy outlook is affecting large firms as well – the rate of corporate insolvencies rose by more than 48% last year.
- Ten habits of bad management
Aiming to create a high performance organisation? Take a look at André de Waal’s list of 10 management habits, which may hinder your plans.