- HR’s diamond in the rough
HR should be on the lookout for managers who may be creating new and innovative management practices, writes David Creelman
- Cutting company costs: motivate, don’t mandate
As companies tighten their belts in the economic downturn, Jon Katzenbach and Paul Bromfield look at why most cost reductions fail and how to motivate cost discipline across an organisation
- Buying a new HRIS: SaaS or in-house?
Q. Our company has determined that we need an HRIS and are deciding whether to go with a hosted, SaaS model or purchase the software that will run in-house. What factors should we consider when making this decision?
- Life's too short for the wrong job
The length to which companies will go, to attract and retain the best employees, is impressive
- During turbulent times, what can HR do to help their organisation?
Sarah O’Carroll asks the executive panel about how HR can help their organisation during an economic downturn
- Employee assessment tools – friend or foe?
Buying in assessment tools such as psychometric tests and organisational surveys appears to be a growing trend in Australian human resource management. Fiona Marsden looks at how organisations are using these tools in recruitment, staff development and training