- Overworking staff costs more than it saves
If you need some ammunition in your fight against layoffs and downsizing, this could be it.
- Five fast facts for providing constructive feedback
It’s something most managers and HR professionals struggle with: providing meaningful and constructive feedback Shaun McCarthy provides his top tips.
- National employer of choice for women 2012 citations announced
Becoming an employer of choice for women can set your organisation apart and give you an edge in the war for talent. In order to be recognised your organisation must first meet stringent criteria. Check out what set organisations apart in 2012.
- Casual vs permanent: the latest word
The experiences of one of Australia’s biggest retailers has highlighted the business case for investing in permanent employment contracts, but in doing so has added to the ongoing permanent vs casual debate between employers, unions, and workers.
- First aid: Make sure your boxes are ticked
Given that every workplace situation is different, it is up to HR to determine the acceptable ratio of first aid officers to employees, and they should consider a number of criteria in the risk assessment phase.
- Taking pride in diversity
Dawn Hough outlines the business case for employers to be fully inclusive and supportive of LGBT staff.