- Australian Workplace Conference – addressing Australia’s future
Sydney University’s Workplace Research Centre is pleased to announce it will host the 2010 Australian Workplace Conference on 31st March 2010 in Sydney.
- Comcare spanked for underpaying
The Commonwealth Ombudsman has found that Comcare does not currently have a means for injured government workers to redress miscalculations in payments.
- Qld insulation victim’s mum speaks with CFMEU
“He was a special kid. It didn’t matter who met, everybody liked him,” Sweeney’s mother Wendy Sweeney said in the interview with the CFMEU. “Christmas will be hard this year.... It just shouldn’t have happened.”
- MUA presses cargo safety overhaul
The Maritime Union of Australia last week called for urgent reform to maritime safety following the recent death of Queensland dock worker Brad Gray.
- Antarctic ATV ‘jollies’ raise safety concerns
A report into the use of all terrain vehicles by workers from the Australian Antarctic Division (AAD) has revealed that workers had a culture of dangerous “thrill riding”.
- Honey maker cops $138k for ATV death
New Zealand honey maker P.A. and S.C Steens Limited was fined $78,000 after a beekeeper without experience operating an all terrain vehicle was killed when it overturned.