- Unfair dismissal claims on the up, and employees are winning
More employee unfair dismissal claims are being upheld by Fair Work than ever before. So is the system broken?
- Smokers spend a year ‘lighting up’
If you don't have a clearly defined policy on staff smoke breaks, you may be up for a bill of $8,000 per smoker, per year.
- Out with the rearview mirror; time to forecast the future
The new era of talent analytics will be predictive rather than prescriptive, and will be used for national and international benchmarking of HR practices, leading HR professionals have told Human Capital.
- Non-standard rewards Part II: Gym memberships
Gym benefits packages can be a great attraction and retention tool, but you’ve got to do it right...
- Sexualised banter: if it’s unwanted, it’s harassment
This potentially grey and dangerous area should be black, white and safe if you’ve got your workplace policies and communication right.
- Talking loud...and saying nothing
Online communication, printed material, and town hall meetings keep staff updated about organisational changes taking place, but they do not change opinions. Steve Casey outlines a more effective approach to change communication