- Hiring difficulty set to become the norm
If you’ve encountered hiring difficulties of late, you’re not alone – some 40% of business leaders have said it is taking three months longer to recruit staff than a year ago.
- How to set appropriate boundaries in the workplace
The definition of a professional boundary can best be described as your ability to understand where you end and another person begins. How do you determine acceptable limits and why does it matter? Julie Parkinson explains.
- NSW workers’ compo set to change
In the same week that a public servant won compo for a work trip sex injury, NSW Premier Barry O’Farrell announced proposed changes that would turn the state’s workers’ compensation on its head.
- Lessons not learned from payroll shared services mishaps
Payroll error is a one-way ticket to employee disengagement and reduced morale – yet despite the lessons from QLD Health’s bungled shared services operations, orgs continue to mess up this critical function.
- Confusion over workplace substance tests
The workplace watchdog has come under fire for a controversial ruling in a drug test appeals case – but if the findings are upheld, urine tests may be confined to the history books.
- HR is a team sport: Priorities in 2012 revealed
Growth, cloud, social, mobile and analytics are among this year’s top HR trends, a new report has revealed.