- NSW Workcover urges young worker focus
NSW WorkCover is reminding businesses to keep an eye on young workers who may not be confident enough to speak up about safety concerns.
- WorkSafe Vic to target SMEs
WorkSafe Victoria is warning SMEs to address safety concerns before its officers arrive in coming months.
- Mega trucks get SMART maps
The National Transport Commission (NTC) has released an online mapping system to help road-train drivers plan transport routes.
- Workcover WA confirms asbestos on Gorgon Gas project
As Western Australia moves to tighten asbestos-handling compliance, workers on Chevron’s Barrow Island Gorgon gas project have commenced partial work stoppages, claiming they have been exposed to the known carcinogen.
- NSW schools get 'violent student' search powers
From the first day of semester NSW schools will be able to request information held by several state agencies on students with violent histories.
- Tips on getting personally organised for 2010
One simple project HR managers might want to tackle in 2010 is improving the personal effectiveness of HR staff by helping them with their methods for organising and prioritising work, writes David Creelman