- Staff morale not an area to scrimp
As economic uncertainty continues to mount, some Australian employers are beginning to reflect on the strategies that worked, and didn’t work, during the GFC – and the word on the street is that a happy worker is a productive worker regardless of the economy.
- A new kind of workplace promiscuity
In the mining, resources and construction sectors, companies need to be wary of the roving eye of their employees, new research has revealed.
- Full house for Australian HR Awards
With a month to go before the Australian HR Awards, the event is fully booked.
- Presenteeism drains Australian business
Research released by Medibank today has revealed that presenteeism burdens the Australian economy with an annual cost of $34bn.
- Ageist employers be warned!
Australia now has its very own Age Discrimination Commissioner, with the appointment of the Honourable Susan Ryan AO.
- Zero tolerance for breastfeeding discriminators
This week has been declared World Breastfeeding Week (1-7 August 2011), which aims to remind employers that discrimination against breastfeeding women is now banned and unlawful.