- Not what you know, but who you know: networks exclude migrants
Are your social networks excluding would-be stars in favour of your Mum’s cousins’ niece? Word-of-mouth recommendations may be holding your organisation back.
- Learning transfer: Best practice
With only about 15-20% of the learning investments that organisations make actually result in work performance change, what can be done to improve matters? Julie Pigdon outlines the essentials of becoming a learning organisation.
- Don’t fall victim to the winter blues
The winter months are known for employee engagement challenges, due in no small part to shorter days, cold and flu, and more time inside.
- Employees can’t concentrate in cube farms
If it’s not a ringing phone, it’s a loud conversation – and while management may spruik the cost effectiveness of cubicle offices, it comes at the cost of a 5-10% decline in productivity.
- Overseas recruitment burden: Problem solved?
Employers looking to recruit overseas workers have welcomed a new government online resource which will link them with talent in their sector.
- Time to data analyse employees
A range of companies have experienced a boost in profitability by using data analysis software to more accurately measure employee success.