- Are your job ads repelling applicants?
The job ad is a pivotal aspect of the recruitment process, yet according to one thought leader many HR professionals continue to make classic errors which turn off would-be applicants. Are you falling into the trap?
- The HR folks at BHP may be onto something
BHP has received a rough-trot in the media for its restrictive ‘clean-desk policy’ – but a close examination of its guidelines reveal they may be on to a good thing with happy workers to boot.
- Wimbledon, Tour de France, Olympics equals spike in sickies
From cycling, to soccer to bob-sledding, as a nation Australia unashamedly gets on the bandwagon of sporting events – the only problem is most of the biggest ones happen north of the equator.
- An engaged workforce is not at the mercy of market fluctuations
This year’s recognition as an AON Hewitt Best Employer has been even more special to Hilti Australia because in a soft construction market everyone has had to work much harder to retain high employee engagement. Jan Pacas outlines how Hilti has done it.
- How to tell an employee they stink
From time to time the burden of responsibility falls on HR to address complaints from colleagues, even if it means telling a particular staff member they need to clean up … literally!
- Breaches of mutual trust and confidence may result in damages
A NSW Supreme Court of Appeal judgment has delivered a landmark decision on implied terms of mutual trust and confidence – potentially the door to damages has been thrust open.