- Has teamwork and collaboration declined?
Olympic athletes may not be the only ones competing for gold. According to a new report workers have become more competitive and less team-oriented compared to 10 years ago.
- Frontline Intelligence - HR Recruitment: Professional development in HR
HR professionals need to ensure thier own personal development addresses the technical aspects of their role, as well as the business context in which they operate. Lisa Robson outlines the fine balancing act required.
- Obese female candidates shown the door
A new study looked at the extent to which HR professionals stigmatise obese candidates in the recruitment phase – the findings indicated that obese female candidates are likely to be disadvantaged.
- Get the office temperature right
Ensuring the optimum temperature is a vital ingredient of a happy and productive workforce. When the temperature is uncomfortable, HR can expect a direct effect on productivity and staff morale.
- End to Coles dispute rallies employers against FWA
The Fair Work Act has been attacked by employer groups after the blockade at a major Coles warehouse in Victoria ended last night.
- Will flexibility make the boomers the working poor?
While debate swirls around calls for employers to provide more flexible working hours for older workers, Malcolm King says it's time for a rethink on flexibility; and there is a big distinction between flexibility of workers and flexibility for workers.