- Vodafone PR crisis over social media rants
Having a go at someone or something is the bread and butter of social media – but what happens when it’s said in the company’s name by an unauthorised employee? HR needs to have a contingency plan.
- Finding the 'hook factor' in your business
While the IR debate rages on about lifting Australia’s productivity and growth rates, Pia Lee writes that this is more than just a sterile debate about workplace law; rather a call to arms around employee engagement.
- Enticing Aussie professionals to return home an HR no-brainer
There are currently more than 100,000 Australians living in the UK, but according to new survey findings, enticing Aussie professionals to return home may be an easy sell for HR on the hunt for hard-to-find skillsets.
- 'Plain vanilla' redundancies found unfair by FWA
It was a textbook set of redundancies – or so the employer thought.
- Offering flexibility not just ‘nice to do’
There are real benefits behind increasing workplace flexibility – from working from home, to offering flexible start and finish times – the business case for increasing flexibility is hard to ignore.
- Exit interviews – A benefit or liability?
With all the effort taken to get the right people hired and up to speed, why do so many organisations drop the ball when it comes to the elements that make them stay? Richard Altman writes that it's time to focus on the future not the past.