- Ten tips for sharpening your project communications
With countless projects being carried out in business, on large and small scales, Alison Wines looks at how to plan, execute and follow through on a successful project.
- How HR can become strategic
Looking to transform your HR operations from administrative to strategic? And exactly how does HR drive business value anyway? Kas Patel provides the answers.
- Three strikes is a myth in performance management
The days of giving a set number of written warnings prior to a termination are over – what’s important is allowing a reasonable time frame for employees to work through their issues.
- Consequences for not accommodating disability totals $30k
The workplace ombudsman recently found that James Hardie discriminated against a prospective employee when it refused to employ him following the failure of a physical medical assessment.
- Vodafone PR crisis over social media rants
Having a go at someone or something is the bread and butter of social media – but what happens when it’s said in the company’s name by an unauthorised employee? HR needs to have a contingency plan.
- Finding the 'hook factor' in your business
While the IR debate rages on about lifting Australia’s productivity and growth rates, Pia Lee writes that this is more than just a sterile debate about workplace law; rather a call to arms around employee engagement.