- Employers urged to look beyond glossy social media profiles
A new survey has revealed that while recruiters often ask to view Facebook pages and Twitter activity during interviews, the picture they reveal is not necessarily accurate – putting the onus back on employers to delve deeper.
- More than medical: Managing return to work
Some people have a harder time managing their injury and returning to work than others. Gabrielle Lis outlines whether medical issues are usually to blame.
- Reality check for exec pay and benefits
It’s expected at the top end of town, but are some of the executive perks on offer – corporate jets, private school fees, medical insurance – really that extravagant?
- The benefits of MBWA – management by walking around
Do your managers communicate primarily through emails, memos or calls? More walking, and therefore more face time, can be a great tool for engagement.
- Leadership falters following redundancies
With large-scale redundancies in a variety of sectors being announced every other day, business consultants are urging employers to consider those employees left behind.
- Businesses should reveal disability job numbers: Minister
As Australia applauds the efforts of the Paralympians, Minister for Employment and Workplace Relations, Bill Shorten, has called for renewed efforts from business to improve their diversity strategies.