- A new kind of workplace promiscuity
In the mining, resources and construction sectors, companies need to be wary of the roving eye of their employees, new research has revealed.
- Full house for Australian HR Awards
With a month to go before the Australian HR Awards, the event is fully booked.
- Presenteeism drains Australian business
Research released by Medibank today has revealed that presenteeism burdens the Australian economy with an annual cost of $34bn.
- Ageist employers be warned!
Australia now has its very own Age Discrimination Commissioner, with the appointment of the Honourable Susan Ryan AO.
- Zero tolerance for breastfeeding discriminators
This week has been declared World Breastfeeding Week (1-7 August 2011), which aims to remind employers that discrimination against breastfeeding women is now banned and unlawful.
- 300 workers latest cutback casualties
More than 300 jobs are expected to be lost under plans by Telstra to relocate some services to India as well as other offshore locations.
The company is intending to outsource some 160 jobs to India, with another 146 contractor positions also forecasted to go abroad.