- Breach visa conditions at your peril
It is already an offence for businesses to have illegal workers. New legislation allows the Department of Immigration to levy fines on a strict liability basis, without needing to show any intent, knowledge or recklessness by the business. Mark Webster outlines the repercussions for business.
- Report renews calls to reform Australia's IR framework
A new report has shed light on Australia's changing workforce make-up, leading industry experts to call for reforms to Australia's "20th century industrial relations framework".
- Another day, another IR spat: Who’s poisoning the waterhole?
Just yesterday we reported on the IR dispute escalating within Victoria Legal Aid – today Metro bus drivers in Tasmania walked off the job between 10am and 2pm.
- Flexible work practices now ‘a given’
Flexible work practices have moved from a ‘nice to have’ concept, to arrangements that are simply part of the furniture in modern workplaces – but have all sectors cottoned onto the expectations of workers?
- Building a business case for diversity and inclusion
A diverse and inclusive workforce is a concept now familiar to most organisations and HR is often at the forefront of these programs and initiatives.
- Afternoon interviews not a winning idea
It’s common to hold all the interviews for a position on the same day, but you might want to stick to morning meetings to fairly assess your options.