- How to avoid an information meltdown
Business documentation needs to be specific with a clear purpose and a clear target audience established before we start to type. Derek Hill provides his tips on more effective business documentation, and why an 'information strategy' is crucial.
- Under pressure, under valued and lacking support: survey
A new survey has found the working population of the UK feel they are not being given adequate support – what’s causing the inconsistency in employer vs employee attitudes?
- HR salaries increase fastest in two years
The median remuneration for HR professionals at large US companies rose by 11% in 2012, increasing at the fastest rate in at least two years, according to the findings of a new study.
- Conduct an exit interview or remain in the dark
The New Year is well and truly here, and it’s a fact that some of your employees may be seeking greener pastures – before they do, are your exit interview procedures up-to-scratch?
- Age discrimination against younger workers
Age discrimination is an ongoing issue for HR, but the problem might not be exactly what you think.
- Proposed law would 'end workplace banter'
Workplace banter could soon be a thing of the past if draft legislation currently before a senate inquiry is passed – and the proposal has sparked outrage among Australia’s top legal minds.