- FIFO taking its toll on workers
Removed from standard work support structures, employees may not be coping well with the unique pressures of FIFO work, a recent study has found.
- Spotlight on Lifetime Award winner
Gareth Bennett was awarded the Lifetime Achievement in the HR Industry award at last year’s Australian HR Awards following an illustrious career with Ford, AMP, AGL Resources and Freehills. We caught up with Gareth, now Managing Director of R&R Consulting, to find out what his HR Awards experience was like.
- Diversity & Inclusion: Competitive advantage?
Penny Holt asks where Diversity and Inclusion (‘D&I’) sits in an environment where initiatives that deliver tangible commercial results are valued above all others.
- Job applications: Don’t make a Spiel-berg of them
When one jobseeker didn’t get a call back from a Hollywood film studio, he took an unconventional route to try to land his dream job.
- Don't vote for 'Labor lite', vote for the real thing: Shorten
One of the last scheduled IR debates prior to the federal election took place in Melbourne on Friday – HC was there to catch the action.
- How to know when your boss wants you to leave
Findings from a recent survey have revealed the extent to which negative manager-worker relationships exist in the workplace, and the warning signs that managers use.