- Cutting down the recruitment process
Although Skype chats and psychometric tests are all the rage, a shorter recruitment process might be the answer, experts say.
- Sloshed staff: Employee vices costing billions
It is no secret that drugs, alcohol and unprofessionalism go hand-in-hand. However, just how bad the situation is might come as a surprise.
- Mediocre degrees and recreational drugs: best practice hiring?
In a recent column published in the Spectator, Rory Sutherland, vice-chairman of Ogilvy group, lamented the studiousness of today’s youth.
- New social network asks “Why?”
A new player in the social networking field thinks it has the answer to reconciling the party of Facebook and the professionalism of LinkedIn.
- “I want it all”: Understanding Gen Y
Despite popular opinion, Gen Y are hungry, fierce workers – you’ve just got to understand where they are coming from.
- Government takes a knife to 457 Visas
Since 1 July 2013, 457 visas got harder. Ariel Brott outlines how the procedure has changed and what HR professionals need to do about it.