- Shoot & score with your flexible working policy during the World Cup 2014
As the World Cup enters its final stages, Eric Wong outlines how employers can create a celebratory mood while still maintaining productivity.
- Organisational Design: Keeping Your Eye on the Ball
When designing your organisation, your eyes must be kept firmly on the strategy, the whole strategy, and nothing but the strategy, or you could end up with a ‘disorganisation’ full of ‘busy fools’, argue Melvin Jay and Simon Collinson
- The Cost of Rejection
Research suggests that many recruitment processes reject suitable candidates for front-line sales, service and customer service roles before they reach interview stage. Sean Howard, managing director of Talent Q, outlines the potential damage caused by using cost-effective but blunt 'weapons of mass rejection'
- Opinion: What’s in a name? How to create the perfect job title when hiring
Chris McDonald provides his tips for creating online job ads that work.
- Leveraging neuroscience for greater workforce insight part 1: Research and workplace foundations
John Hansen outlines how the latest social neuroscience research is changing our understanding of workforce behavior and leadership.
- Workplace gambling: The new health and safety risk?
Gambling has been recognised as an addictive disorder and with the rise of mobile technology, there’s a greater chance of it happening at work. Should you have a management plan to deal with it?