- Form follows function: HR Models in the Spotlight
In 2014, businesses face unique and unprecedented challenges. Has HR positioned itself in the most effective way to meet these challenges? Iain Hopkins weighs the pros and cons of the dominant Ulrich model and looks at possible alternatives
- Australian HR Award winners revealed!
The cream of Australia's HR industry gathered at the Australian HR Awards in Sydney on Friday night. HC was there and is proud to announce the winners of an exciting, hotly contested battle of excellence involving the nation's leading HR professionals.
- Low EAP usage rate is damaging the industry
With Mental Health Awareness Month taking place in October, AccessEAP CEO, Sally Kirkright believes the Employee Assistance Program industry can do more to ensure Australian organisations are getting the most from their program.
- A culture of ownership: Start small and make it real
Why do some people seem to do their jobs mindlessly, while others choose to apply their judgment and personal energy to getting the job done? Kate Messenger outlines how to boost discretionary effort.
- Opinion: Time to modernise the antiquated model of HR case management
David Oakley outlines how IT can help transform HR service provisioning and management capabilities by leveraging their own service relationship ecosystem, experience, and service automation capabilities.
- Opinion: Onboarding - Five tips to get the best out of your new hires
Onboarding is a critical yet often overlooked aspect of bringing people into an organisation. Karen Evans shares her tips to engage new employees and ensure they stay with the business.