Couple that with the fact that we as people are a diverse and sometimes a little bit loopy bunch and… well, an employee’s last day can be a very interesting experience indeed.
did the rounds of the office to find some of the craziest stories of last day hijinks from around the world. Here are our top picks:
- Throwing a telephone at the GM – guessing they didn’t leave on the best circumstances. Hope no one was hurt!
- Racked up a $2,000 bar tab. Apparently that was the norm here…where was this office again?
- High school teacher parked her car in the student lunch room. As you do.
- Wrote a song about every staff member in the office and went around singing it to them.
- Sat in a meeting room with a case of beer. Anytime another employee came in to ask them a question, they had to down a beer with them. This was repeated later by another staff member, except with tequila instead.
- Threw out everything. No, really. All stationary. All client files. All intellectual properties. Absolutely, positively everything. And then put a hot water bottle in a filing cabinet.
Leaving a company can take on many forms: terminations and resignations can have a lot of different contexts behind them, but they are often times of high emotional stress.