- HR makes inroads into getting global
HR departments have made steady progress in their ability to support the shift toward a more global business model and workforce, according to a recent Hewitt Associates report.
- Shield your company from nasty surprises
HR should guard their company from any surprises from departing staff by getting close to their employees and truly understanding their motivations, according to Diageo’s HR solutions manager, Angela Hawthorn.
- Facebook No No’s: Part One
1. Don’t add new friends on Facebook when off work sickA Swiss insurance worker was fired in April after surfing Facebook while off work sick.
- Having a baby and the career you want
The Federal Government's May budget outlined a commitment to paid parental leave from January 2011 for those earning less than $150,000 a year. The scheme will pay the federal minimum wage for 18 weeks and will be funded by the government, not business.
- HR in the spotlight at G20 meeting
Bankers’ bonuses and executive pay topped the agenda at the recent G20 meeting of finance ministers in London, potentially challenging many HR and remuneration departments globally to devise new bonus schemes.
- Fines mount as watchdog catches employers out
The fair work watchdog is calling on employees to exercise their rights and ensure they haven’t been underpaid by employers.