- Companies struggle to find true leaders
Almost one half of organisations are not effective in finding and developing leaders, which identifies some critical challenges for employers if they are to take advantage of the economic recovery, a recent study has revealed.
- Employee exodus expected in February
A mass exodus of employees is expected in early 2010 as 95 per cent of employees report that they are looking for work.
- Change managers are HR’s most wanted
Change managers, and learning and development and OH&S professionals have emerged as the three roles in HR that are most in demand.
- Employers urged to take advantage of recruitment surge
Employers and candidates have been advised to make the most of the traditionally strong January recruitment market.
- Botched DIY costs truckie his leg
A botched do-it-yourself repair by the landlord of his rental property has resulted in a truck driver having his leg amputated, according to personal injury law firm Trilby Misso.
- Call for collaborative injury management
A work-related injury should be followed up with support for the employee provided through a collaborative approach between the worker, their treating doctor and the employer, according to InjuryNET.