- Confusion over new modern award clause
Employers were left in the dark over modern awards last week when industry bodies clashed over the interpretation of a newly-added ‘absorption clause’.
- HR must act to protect against workplace pornography
HR must do more to protect its organisation against the threat of inappropriate images in the workplace, according to web security provider Mailguard.
- Jobseekers must be flexible
Australian workers need to be flexible when looking for new employment, with new research revealing that nearly half of jobseekers change industries to land a new role.
- The World Cup and absence management: guidance for employers
Employers are not prepared for the upcoming World Cup, with many admitting they have no plans in place to manage potential staff absence as football fever hits the country.
- The risks of workplace Twittering
The ability to publicly express opinions at the touch of a button, thanks to social media tools such as Twitter, has blurred the lines between office and out-of-office hours and where the workplace starts and stops.
- Male full-time employment strengthens
Male full-time employment has recovered from a dip during the global financial crisis to regain prominence over all female jobs, both full-time and part-time.