- New Government could take three months
The future of Australia’s industrial relations and paid parental leave policy could be undecided for months, with constitutional law experts stating the wrangling over the next Federal Government could drag on until the end of November.
- Employer of the Decade to be named
One organisation which has shown ongoing excellent people strategies will be named as HR Leader’s Employer of the Decade on 14 October, in celebration of the HR Compass Awards’ tenth anniversary.
- Aussie workers lacking engagement, global study shows
Australian employees are more likely to change employers within the next 12 months than staff in 16 other countries across the world.
- Rising FWO fines a warning to employers
Fines issued by the Fair Work Ombudsman have increased significantly in the past year, and experts say employers have to be as vigilant as ever to ensure compliance.
- Profit sharing can boost staff productivity
Australian employers attempting to boost employee productivity should consider offering some kind of profit sharing scheme, according to the latest survey from Kelly Services.
- Employers await election to change parental leave policies
With just a few days to go before election day the paid parental leave debate rages on, leaving employers unsure about what to do with their existing policies.