- NSW Gov slammed for OHS framework U-turn
Prime Minister Julia Gillard has been joined by business groups in criticising the NSW Premier’s decision to step away from a proposed national (occupational health and safety) OHS framework
- How to conduct a performance appraisal
Performance appraisals are an effective tool for informing employees about the quality of their work and for identifying areas of their performance which may require improvement.
- Facebook dismissal ruled unfair by FWA
Fair Work Australia has found that a hairdressing salon unfairly dismissed an employee after she posted negative comments about her employer on Facebook.
- Westpac sets gender equality plan for 2014
Westpac has announced plans to significantly increase the number of women in management roles at the bank.
- Allied Brands’ super payment troubles
Allied Brands has reportedly fallen behind on some employee’s superannuation payments, with some staff not seeing contributions since early 2009.
- Employers come out all guns blazing in war for talent
Employers are ramping up their talent management efforts in the in the areas of leadership, succession planning and development of career paths in response to in response to ongoing difficulty in attracting talented employees.