- Sick notes: Query them with caution
If you’ve raised an eyebrow at the authenticity of a sick note, you may encounter more than you bargained for.
- Warning! Don’t let smartphones crush your human capital
Technology means employees can now work everywhere, anytime; but by encouraging or even allowing this are employers actually creating a threat to their bottom line?
- Mining tax passed, business community divided
The mining tax has been passed, and the super guarantee will now increase from 9% to 12%.
- Unfair dismissal claims on the up, and employees are winning
More employee unfair dismissal claims are being upheld by Fair Work than ever before. So is the system broken?
- Smokers spend a year ‘lighting up’
If you don't have a clearly defined policy on staff smoke breaks, you may be up for a bill of $8,000 per smoker, per year.
- Out with the rearview mirror; time to forecast the future
The new era of talent analytics will be predictive rather than prescriptive, and will be used for national and international benchmarking of HR practices, leading HR professionals have told Human Capital.