- Gen Y retention dilemma: HR problem of the decade?
The generation known for being the most tech-savvy is also among the most difficult to retain. As the Baby-Boomers trickle into retirement, securing the leadership pipeline is quickly become one of the most serious HR problems of the decade.
- Job titles may be causing gender hiring bias
Certain job titles may be favouring particular genders and perpetuate unbalanced hiring practices – what’s more, gender bias can inadvertently creep in through the very style of the role description.
- Who is telling resume porkies? Not who you think...
In the fight to recruit credible, honest workers HR frequently consults top-line managers – yet according to new survey findings, these are the very demographic most likely to fib themselves.
- FWA's reputation 'significantly damaged'
The workplace watchdog has copped a public sledging over its bungled investigation into the embattled Health Services Union – but is the future of Fair Work in jeopardy?
- When star performers jump ship
Despite the fact that mergers and acquisitions remain a business reality, HR may not quite have cracked the code in retaining key talent during times of sweeping change.
- HR's risks and obligations in requiring employees to work overtime
The duty to provide a safe working environment for employees remains an integral aspect of the employment relationship – turning a blind eye to excessive overtime is a recipe for disaster.