- Flexible work options for over 45s: Time to legislate?
The review of the Fair Work Act continues to provoke hot debate and the latest submission shines the spotlight on legislating flexible work options for workers over 45.
- Employees say they’d take a hangover over talking to the boss
Much like a visit to the dentist or sitting outside the principal’s office as a teen, new survey results show that employees dread talking to the boss. Yet the issue isn’t wimpy employees – its poor leadership.
- Employers must approve sick leave transfers
Some employers have adopted a ‘too bad, so sad’ mentality regarding employees who become sick whilst on annual leave, but unbeknownst to many the Fair Work Act actually obliges HR to re-credit annual leave in place of sick days.
- The world of work in the year 2050
It’s pretty rare that senior business leaders are willing to go out on a limb and say what the world will look like in several decades time, but as a new report shows, we’re in for a hellava ride.
- Keep chatting, it’s effective for networking
In the LinkedIn age, networking has become a currency in itself – and as new research shows, apparently women are doing it better than men.
- Daily grind stands in the way of coaching
The number of office workers receiving coaching to help them in their careers is low because, quite simply, employers are tied up with managing the business.