- IR reform "won’t make it easier to sack people"
In perhaps the biggest indication so far as to how the Fair Work review will be served up, Prime Minister Julia Gillard said any changes would lock in fairness and emphatically ruled out calls to scrap penalty rates.
- The ticking time bomb of work pressure
Employee work pressure is a growing problem which could have a serious impact on performance and productivity – yet many leaders are unaware of it. What can HR do to mitigate?
- HR salaries not so hot in 2012
If you’ve experienced a bit of a slump in the salary stakes, you’re not alone. This year salaries in HR, marketing, customer service, admin and sales have all fallen on the wrong side of the two-speed economy.
- Are female execs holding other women back?
A new study has revealed a fear of negative comparisons and accusations of favouritism leads female leaders to hold back their colleagues.
- Ten ways to improve your workers compo claim outcomes
Ensuring the safe and timely return to work is paramount in workers’ compensation claims – HC obtained the 10 tops ways to improve your WC outcomes from a leading risk expert.
- Can HR strategy save business from the customer service slump?
Australia has scored particularly poorly in the consumer satisfaction ranks – only France recorded a higher dissatisfaction rating. The fact remains that good employees remain vital to good service.