- Why boardroom diversity matters to business
The business case for boardroom diversity has been firmly established and is supported by a growing body of industry research demonstrating links between gender diversity on boards and positive organisational outcomes, according to a peak diversity body.
- Sharp increase in days lost to IR disputes, does HR lack resources?
New figures have revealed there was a sharp increase in the number of working days lost due to industrial disputes last year.
- Don’t risk a PR disaster: Communicate clear policies
The well-known annual fundraising event for the Leukemia foundation, World’s Greatest Shave, is an important and worthy cause, but as a Melbourne business found this week, not clearly communicating with staff has sparked a barrage of damaging PR.
- Improve retention by defining success upfront
Employers must upgrade one-dimensional job descriptions and supplement them with detailed competency requirements and a framework for how to succeed in a designated role and function, a workforce solutions leader has said.
- Invest in getting payroll right, or risk catastrophe
It’s never been a particularly attractive profession and business constraints, tighter budgets and a lack of new blood coming into the area have all contributed to the scaling back of payroll as both a business focus and occupational speciality.
- Coles vs FWO: HR must monitor contractors or risk court action
The importance of performing due diligence on contractors has been highlighted by the Fair Work Ombudsman (FWO) taking court action against Coles over an alleged $143,000 underpayment of trolley collectors in Adelaide.