- The economy, stupid? Tough times change hiring criteria
On any day of the week, the PM and Treasurer sing Australia’s economic praises – yet according to a new report the current economic conditions have spooked employers into changing their hiring criteria.
- Has teamwork and collaboration declined?
Olympic athletes may not be the only ones competing for gold. According to a new report workers have become more competitive and less team-oriented compared to 10 years ago.
- Obese female candidates shown the door
A new study looked at the extent to which HR professionals stigmatise obese candidates in the recruitment phase – the findings indicated that obese female candidates are likely to be disadvantaged.
- Get the office temperature right
Ensuring the optimum temperature is a vital ingredient of a happy and productive workforce. When the temperature is uncomfortable, HR can expect a direct effect on productivity and staff morale.
- End to Coles dispute rallies employers against FWA
The Fair Work Act has been attacked by employer groups after the blockade at a major Coles warehouse in Victoria ended last night.
- Build your wealth by investing in Australia’s Top 100 suburbs
Are you thinking about investing in property? Many Australians have successfully built their wealth through property but as with any investment, you need the right information to make smart decisions.