- Who is telling resume porkies? Not who you think...
In the fight to recruit credible, honest workers HR frequently consults top-line managers – yet according to new survey findings, these are the very demographic most likely to fib themselves.
- FWA's reputation 'significantly damaged'
The workplace watchdog has copped a public sledging over its bungled investigation into the embattled Health Services Union – but is the future of Fair Work in jeopardy?
- When star performers jump ship
Despite the fact that mergers and acquisitions remain a business reality, HR may not quite have cracked the code in retaining key talent during times of sweeping change.
- HR's risks and obligations in requiring employees to work overtime
The duty to provide a safe working environment for employees remains an integral aspect of the employment relationship – turning a blind eye to excessive overtime is a recipe for disaster.
- Fairfax flags voluntary redundancies
As news of redundancies and major restructuring grips the newspaper publishing industry, the voluntary vs forced redundancy debate has been cast back into the spotlight.
- Flexible work bill chucked out
A bill which would have extended the rights of workers with caring obligations to request additional flexibility has been thrown out by both sides of politics.