- Call to water-down planned gender equality rules
As the federal government gears up to enact new gender equality rules for medium-sized businesses, there are fears the new rules could lead to onerous red tape.
- Stop searching for the purple squirrel
The hiring formula dictates that HR and hiring managers attempt to find the perfect candidate to fill a vacant role. But according to one HR pro, you’ve got it all wrong.
- Should HR be more frank about lay-offs?
At the beginning of most relationships – business or personal – you don't show all your cards at once. But is it time for HR to be more upfront?
- Rio embroiled in redundancy union stoush
Rio Tinto is facing a heated discrimination suit after redundant workers allege the company made redundancy payments of up to $120,000 more to non-union member workers.
- Why your HR department is under threat
The threat of cyber crime may seem like something for the IT department to handle – but HR’s online activity is exactly the kind of target in hackers’ sights.
- Your employee's sandwich is a death trap
Although attitudes towards food safety have improved slightly, the latest survey results show Aussie workers still make little attempt to keep their food at a safe temperature.