- ATO to investigate temporary visas
The Australian Tax Office (ATO) has announced that it will undertake a data-matching exercise, targeting one million holders of Australian temporary visas.
- Generation Alien: the disconnect between employers and young workers
Obscure processes, lengthy hiring times and a total lack of feedback is frustrating and disillusioning young workers, making them less likely to seek and find employment.
- Male corporate culture remains biggest barrier to breaking glass ceiling
Retention of senior female executives is a major battleground for HR, and new research has revealed that the glass ceiling remains intact, and male-dominated corporate culture is the biggest barrier for women reaching board level.
- Social media useless in landing a job
When asked to explain the purpose of maintaining a LinkedIn profile, a new survey of Australian executives has found that while social media extends their networks, it doesn’t land them jobs.
- Employer guilty of breaching return from maternity leave protections
A Victorian employer has been fined in excess of $30k for discriminating against an employee when she attempted to return from maternity leave – could your organisation make the same mistake?
- Bosses too threatening for modern employees
There are all kinds of management styles, from the kindly or motherly, to the tyrant, but it seems almost half of managers are scaring their employees into under-productivity.