- Support groups for the overworked
The employee who is the first to arrive and the last to leave may be the celebrated ideal, but alongside a growing trend of workaholic support groups, is it time to declare the emperor is not wearing any clothes?
- Best practice for supporting staff with cancer
With World Cancer Day this week, HC looks at how HR can best support employees affected by cancer.
- Barely any rise in inflation for 2012
The start of a New Year often spells salary renegotiations – but if employees are citing the cost of living as a bargaining chip, you may have cause to cut it from the conversation.
- HMV’s Twitter termination meltdown
Learn from the mistakes of others – HMV gives HR an excellent example of what not to do in a case of mass terminations
- Power really does corrupt
Managers may be more likely to perceive ‘wrongdoing’ in black and white term, so how can you stay more open-minded?
- Unethical recruiters tarnishing the industry
Are unqualified, rogue recruiters giving the recruitment industry a bad name? According to some in the business, better regulations are long overdue.