- Landmark Barclay decision finally settled by the High Court
The long-awaited decision in the case of Barclay v The Board of Bendigo Regional Institute of TAFE has been handed down and is being celebrated as a major win for employers fighting adverse action claims.
- Industrial disputes on the rise: ABS
Data from the Australian Bureau of Statistics regarding industrial disputes has shown that for 2011/12 there was a significant increase in disputes and days lost in the labour market – sparking debate on both sides of the political fence.
- Rewiring the brain to boost visionary thinking
An alarming 71% of Australian business leaders lack high levels of visionary thinking – yet new research may reveal that neuroscience is the key to unlocking this potential in everyone.
- HR outsourcing firm has landmark restraint of trade win
Restraint of trade clauses are a contractual headache for employers and HR – notoriously difficult to enforce, they have frequently been thrown out when tested by the courts. Yet a new finding may have turned that notion on its head.
- Employee claims continue to rise, and employers are losing
Employers and HR practitioners may frequently lament that since the Fair Work Act was introduced employee claims have skyrocketed – yet that feeling is also backed by statistics.
- Are MBA’s worth it for HR pros looking to get ahead?
While it used to be the shining jewel in post graduate qualifications, in recent years the MBA’s reputation has lessened somewhat – HC investigates the ROI for HR professionals.