- Turnover in HR’s own backyard not pretty
As the champions of fighting turnover and retaining key staff, HR has to do more to improve retention in their own teams, an HR consultancy expert has warned.
- Stop searching for the purple squirrel
The hiring formula dictates that HR and hiring managers attempt to find the perfect candidate to fill a vacant role. But according to one HR pro, you’ve got it all wrong.
- Should HR be more frank about lay-offs?
At the beginning of most relationships – business or personal – you don't show all your cards at once. But is it time for HR to be more upfront?
- Rio embroiled in redundancy union stoush
Rio Tinto is facing a heated discrimination suit after redundant workers allege the company made redundancy payments of up to $120,000 more to non-union member workers.
- Why your HR department is under threat
The threat of cyber crime may seem like something for the IT department to handle – but HR’s online activity is exactly the kind of target in hackers’ sights.
- Your employee's sandwich is a death trap
Although attitudes towards food safety have improved slightly, the latest survey results show Aussie workers still make little attempt to keep their food at a safe temperature.