- How can employers navigate mental health at work?
Almost half of Australians will experience a mental illness in their lifetime, yet corporate Australia has been slow to progress in the management of this life-threatening issue.
- Harness ‘actively passive' jobseekers?
Before the rise of LinkedIn, the battle lines were more clear cut. But with the rise of the so-called passive job seeker, should HR be especially looking to leverage this talent pool?
- Support groups for the overworked
The employee who is the first to arrive and the last to leave may be the celebrated ideal, but alongside a growing trend of workaholic support groups, is it time to declare the emperor is not wearing any clothes?
- Best practice for supporting staff with cancer
With World Cancer Day this week, HC looks at how HR can best support employees affected by cancer.
- Barely any rise in inflation for 2012
The start of a New Year often spells salary renegotiations – but if employees are citing the cost of living as a bargaining chip, you may have cause to cut it from the conversation.
- HMV’s Twitter termination meltdown
Learn from the mistakes of others – HMV gives HR an excellent example of what not to do in a case of mass terminations