- Youth unemployment in the spotlight
With one in five young Australians struggling to get work, a new initiative has been launched to help young people get job ready in a tough labour market where 17.7% of 15-19 year olds can’t get a job.
- You can reduce absenteeism and non-compliance today
The devil is in the detail: some of the biggest costs to a company come down to small details and inaccurate information. But optimum use of technology can facilitate accuracy across departments – here’s how.
- Satellite work centres: A future out of the office
As technology marches forward and the NBN rolls out across Australia, employers need to consider the variety of teleworking options available and the impacts they will have on organisations.
- Cold connections into receptive candidates: Social recruitment
Social media channels are rapidly becoming the go-to tools for candidate networking and sourcing, yet an age-old problem persists: how to turn cold connections into receptive potential candidates.
- Annual minimum wage review ‘bad timing for employers’
The annual minimum wage review has kicked off today, but according to some business heads, the review could not be worse timing for employers.
- Don’t be dazzled by those with egos
All too often the loudest voices demand the most attention – but new research from New Zealand shows that those people with excessive self-belief in their skills and ability may be the least likely to produce the best results.